Federation Minutes for August 2001
The regular membership of the Idaho State B.A.S.S.
Federation was called to order by President Allan Chandler at 7:30 P.M. at the
Tri State Marine.† There were 13† officers, representatives and guests
The minutes of†
July 2001 were approved as written.
Treasurer reported a balance of $10,625.41 of which $0 is Conservation ;
$2811.40 in the Lake Lowell fund, $105.64 Youth; $5396.00 State Team South and
$3762.13 in General Funds. Treasury report was approved.
AND ANNOUNCEMENTS: None
YOUTH: Youth Director LARRY
RAGANIT was not present and did not report
- C.A.S.T. event will be Aug. 25 at Black Canyon Reservoir. Anyone
willing to help out needs to show up at the park around 7:30 a.m.
- Garden City Day will be on Sept. 15; anyone not fishing a
Qualifier Tournament is asked to help out with the casting booth if
CONSERVATION: Conservation Officer STEVE
- No new information on the tournament ban on National Wildlife
- The Eastern Region Qualifier in Sept. 15 on C.J. Strike; there is
supposed a catch & keep tournament with no permit there the same
Tournament director J.C. WORTHEN reported:
- Last Qualifier for the East had 31 people; Terry Battisti won it
with 12.40 lbs.
- Last Qualifier for West had 38 people; Larry Borchers won it with
7.37 lbs.† A lot of the fish caught
were skinny and in poor shape.†
Allan called ODWF and mentioned it to them.† Them hadnít heard anything about it,
but said that they review lakes every three years.† Owyhee is due for review next year, so
they will look at it thenÖ.
- Last Qualifier for North had 22 people; Rick Kraack won it with
- Allan informed everyone that B.A.S.S. decided to go back to the
same path to the Classic for Federation anglers. There had too many
complaints about the new path.
COMMUNICATION: Communication Officer JAMES
- We are getting some ads for the newsletter from National Sponsors,
so people from B.A.S.S. are reading it.
- James still needs articles for the newsletter.† We canít sent out a newsletter with
nothing but ads in it
- The banquet will be at the Caldwell Elks
again; the date will be January 19, 2002.
- A discussion was held on the State Team member that kept the
expense money, but did not go to the Divisional Tournament in
Wyoming.† The results of the
discussion were that he will not be allowed to fish any Federation events
until the money is paid back.† The Representatives
at the meeting voted to go ahead with a lawsuit against this person to try
and recover the money.
- Federation Member Jack Gibsonís wife is terminally ill.
- Mountain Home Hawg Hunters are having a Kids Casting qualifier at
Air Force Appreciation Day.
- Nominations for Federation Officers will be made at the next
- The Snow Bowl will be November 3.
There being no more new business, President Chandler
reminded all that the next meeting would be on Sept. 20.† The meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Back to Federation Meetings