Bass Federation (TIBF) meeting Minutes Thursday, December 15, 2011, 7:00pm.
The TIBF December monthly meeting was
brought to order 7:00 p.m. at Western Marine, Nampa, Idaho.
Those in attendance were: Bruce Flesher, President; Steve
Day-Communications; Tammy Shuyler-Secretary/Treasurer; Mark Roberts-IBA; Tom
Horrace-SRB; Brian Ashton-Youth Director; Phone: Brandon Craner-V. President
Secretary-Treasurer Report-Tammy Shuyler
- Minutes approved
- Treasurer Report
- Tammy reminds members 2012 TIBF Membership dues
are now due and payable.
- Airfare for Cindy and Bruce Flesher is $630 each
for attending Nationals. These will be paid out of general fund. Airfare for Chris Horton will be paid
out of SW Qualifier fund.
- $300 2012 dues renewal approved for payment to
Youth Report-Brian Ashton
Fishing tournament is May 12.
Brian is working
on developing communications with Idaho State School Athletic department in an
effort to promote the high school fishing events.
into S.A.F. registration.
presentation is being developed by Brian in preparation for the March Sportsman
Conservation Report-Steve Jones not present-Bruce reported.
- ISCAC has now passed a position statement in
support of our Lake
- Bruce states that Fish and Wildlife have backed
off extensively of their original Lake Lowell
restrictions. This situation needs
- No conservation project planned for 2012 on
Cascade Reservoir. This coming year TIBF will focus on updating
the Release Boat including carpet, paint and new stickers in advance of
May 6, 2012, Divisionals on CJ Strike.
Member clubs may have their club sticker installed accompanied by
donation. Skyler Hill will
facilitate the work completion. All
clubs are encouraged to participate in the release boat work whether it be
labor or funds.
- Now available are “Let Us Recreate Lake Lowell”
stickers; TIBF members are encouraged to purchase them to support the Lake Lowell recreation fund.
Communication Report-Steve Day
- Steve has posted State Tournament Director
- Steve Day is offering a service to TIBF member
clubs to create and maintain club websites. Cost annually
$100. Steve still needs Idaho Basshunter
information in order to complete their website.
- Members can go to TIBF website http://www.idahobassfed.com for
all updates and information.
- TIBF members have free ad space available on
Tournament Report-Bruce Flesher
- State Team participation-item tabled pending
further input and discussion.
- 2012 tournament schedule has been posted.
- Lake Lowell permit application needs to be submitted in
- 2012 Northwest Divisional planning-Mountain Home
is location for 2012 NW Divisional tournament on May 6-11, 2012.
This date is confirmed. Tournament launch from the Air Base
Ramp. Bruce reports that Mountain Home has now confirmed their
cooperation and agreement with Bruce’s planning suggestions. Plans to move forward with Mountain Home
location are in the works. There
will be several volunteer opportunities at Divisionals.
- 2012 TIBF Banquet Planning-Feb. 18, Hilton Garden
(same place as previous year).
Dinner tickets are now available to purchase $45/ea. Tickets were delivered to respective
member clubs in attendance. There
will also be dinner tickets donated to major sponsors including Howards
Tackle, Western Marine, Canyon Marine, Dry Creek Outfitters and Idaho Fish
and Game. Major raffle prize is
going to be a HumminBird 998SI; list price $1995. We also have
MinnKota 80# Maxum and 80# Fortrex trolling motors for the raffle. Additional donation items are being
sought for raffle and silent auction.
Guest speaker selection is being considered and Bruce will contact
Ranger for speaker availability.
- 2013 TIBF Officers-Bruce is encouraging Idaho members to
think about future officer elections.
- ISCAC has a shotgun raffle ongoing. Tickets are available for $10 each.
Meeting adjourned 8:45
Submitted by Tammy Shuyler