October 17, 2002 MEETING MINUTES

 

The regular membership of the Idaho State B.A.S.S. Federation was called to order by President Dusty Womack at 7:30 P.M. at the Tri State Marine.  There were 11  officers, representatives and guests present.

 

The minutes of  September 2002 were approved as written.

 

TREASURY REPORT: The Treasurer reported a balance of $11934.05 of which $2811.44 is Conservation; $1080.52 in the South Operating fund, $230.64 Youth; $5952.43 South State Team and $1859.02 in General Funds. Treasury report was approved.

 

INTRODUCTIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS: Guests introduced were:

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

 

YOUTH: Youth Director LARRY RAGANIT reported:

¨        Larry is working on getting C.A.S.T. pictures in the Idaho Press-Tribune.  He has been working with local papers to get article on youth events, conservation, bass fishing and bass tournaments published.  If anyone has an article that they would like published in the Outdoors section, get it to Larry.

 

CONSERVATION: Conservation Officer STEVE BURK reported:

¨        The Federation now has an Oxygen meter for use with the release boat or SRB’s release tank.  This will help keep fish healthy as we can monitor the oxygen levels when we are holding fish at a tournament.

¨        The fish salvages at Lake Lowell went fairly well. The first salvage was short-handed, partly due to the fact that we were expecting to do the Caldwell canal and it was the Nampa canal.  About 12,000 fish were salvaged.  The second salvage was at the Caldwell canal and the SRB release tank was used.  At least 30,000 fish were salvaged here. A more detailed report with pictures is available on the website.

¨        Steve is suggesting having a separate conservation officer in each region in Idaho to better organize regional events.

¨        Steve brought back an idea from the B.A.S.S. Classic to get non-fishermen involved in our youth and conservation projects.  These people can do a good job and are not going to be involved in fishing tournaments.

¨        B.A.S.S. is starting a new program for mentoring new Youth and Conservation Directors.

 

TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Tournament director Dusty Womack reported:

¨        The tournament date setting meeting for Southern Idaho will be November 14 at 7:30 p.m. at Tri State Marine in Nampa.  All circuits and clubs with open tournaments should try to have a representative there.

¨        People driving boats registered in Oregon in OR waters will be required to have a boating certificate starting next year.  The test for the certificate is available on-line or at specified locations in Oregon.

 

COMMUNICATION: Communication Officer J.C. WORTHEN reported:

¨        A newsletter is in the works…

 

OLD BUSINESS: 

¨        We need help and ideas for the Federation banquet.  Reps need to take this back to their clubs.  The Elks have changed their caterer and it looks like the meal may cost more this year.

¨        The revised State Team Code of Conduct was revised again and a motion was made and passed to approve it as revised.

¨        The revised Qualifier Tournament Rules were revised again and a motion was made and passed to approve them as revised.

¨        The proposal to standardize the Qualifier fees was discussed and tabled until Dusty can talk to the North about it.

 

NEW BUSINESS:

¨        Clubs need to have their dues and rosters for 2003 in by the end of December.

¨        It was discussed for the Federation to possibly buy banners for the Qualifier tournaments.  This is mainly a Southern Region issue and will be decided by the officers and paid out of the Southern Operating funds.

¨        Nominations for Federation Officers were held.  Here they are:

o       President: Dusty Womack, JC Worthen, Gary Keith

o       Vice President: Alan Chandler

o       Secretary: Steve Day (declined), Karen Keith

 

There being no more new business, President Womack reminded all that the next meeting would be on November 21.  The meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.

 

____________________________________

Secretary

Back to Federation Meetings