The TIBF March monthly meeting was brought to order 7:10pm.,
at Western Marine,
Treasurer Report-Tammy Shuyler
- Treasurer Report
- February meeting minutes approved.
- As of today, there are 172 active TIBF members with word of more to be renewed and added.
- John Lancaster suggests that boater volunteers be compensated for their fuel at the Youth Championship. Amount will be up to $50.00
- Tammy reminds all clubs who owe TIBF money for FLW dues or stickers, to please remit asap. It is has been over 30 days since she sent reminder emails to clubs who owe money and these are 2009 expenses.
Youth Report-John Lancaster
- TIBF Youth Championship moved from Brownlee/Woodhead to Brownlee/Spring Rec. Date is June 19, 2010.
Conservation Report-Steve Jones(Not Present). Bruce Flesher provided report.
- Cascade Res. Structure plant update. Structures are now complete and will be planted once ice melts off Cascade Reservoir. Appears it will be an early thaw this year so plant will be end of April.
- Salmon Falls/Goose Creek/Oakley Reservoir Structure plant update: Kurt Campbell tentative plant dates 2nd or 3rd week of March. The plan is to complete the structure plant on one day on lakes to maximize use of barge.
- F&G Barge will be used at the Salmon Falls/Goose Creek/Oakley Res. first and then brought to Cascade Res.
Communication Report-Steve Day
- See TIBF website for write up and photos of the Cascade structure construction. Kurt will also provide some info and photos on their respective construction and plants.
- REEL Kids write up is posted on website. There were 312 youth who participated in the Sports Show event.
- Steve and Bruce wanted to remind members of FREE advertising space on the TIBF website.
- Members can go to TIBF website http://www.idahobassfed.com for all updates and information.
Tournament Report-Bruce Flesher
- Go to www.idahobassfed.com for qualifier tournament application and rules. Applications are also available at Western Marine, Tristate Marine and Howards Tackle.
- Bruce announced the TBF Berkley discount is now available through the TBF website http://www.bassfederation.com/storelanding.html. Simply login with your member # into member benefits area.
- Solar Bat sample kit has arrived. Kit will be shared with all member clubs. Glasses are $15.99 each with 5 styles available, no tax or shipping. A minimum order of 12 per style is required. Clubs will take orders, collect the money and then deliver order to Bruce Flesher. Order form is available on TIBF website. Orders will be shipped directly to individual clubs. SRB will take the kit and then it will be made available at the IBM Open, March 27, at Brownlee Res. and disbursed to another club with next upcoming club meeting.
- Bruce also asks that if clubs need assistance with their club member registration, that they contact him or Tammy for assistance. All clubs are now required to have online access for updating their club membership roster.
2010 TIBF Banquet planning
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn-Boise (same as 2009 location)
- No host bar will be set up and open at 5:00pm.
- Hilton charges a $100 set up fee for bar.
- Dinner will be 6:00pm.
- Same menu planned but changes can be readily made.
- No other charges for the banquet room.
- Hilton will supply audio-visual equipment.
- There is one comp room for a guest speaker.
- Suggestions are being sought for the guest speaker. A couple so far are: Cal Groen, Idaho Fish & Game, Thomas Woolf, Idaho Invasive Species Manager, and/or other professional fisherman. All agreed that Dobyns did an excellent job and enjoyed listening to him speak.
- Methods of paying for a guest speaker are to have a paid seminar earlier in the day by the speaker to offset cost. Bruce will also contact Ranger to determine available speakers and funds.
Meeting adjourned 8:05pm.