The Idaho Bass Federation (TIBF) meeting Minutes
Thursday, May 16, 2013, 7:00pm.
The TIBF May monthly meeting was brought to order 7:00 p.m. at JH
Sales & Marine,
Davanh Sengsourhino/President-Idaho Bassmasters; Tammy Shuyler-Secretary/Treasurer-Idaho Bassmasters; Scyler Hill/Vice President-
Howards Tackle Shoppe.
Secretary-Treasurer Report-Tammy Shuyler
· April Minutes.
· Treasurer Report.
· $100 paid to Carmen Boeger from Survivor Fund in the passing of her husband Don Boeger.
· Davanh asked that general funds of $175.05 be transferred to qualifier account to cover cost of military tournament expense.
Youth Report-Brian Ashton (Davanh reported)
· Youth Championship Tournament-Scheduled for August 3-4, 2013, on Cascade Reservoir. Prefish ending at Saturday, August 3
· 4:30pm. Pre-tournament meeting will be 5:00pm. Saturday, August 3, and tournament will be Sunday, August 4. There will be
· a 50 mph. enforced for the day of tournament.
Conservation Report-No officer (interested Member sought to fill vacant position) Davanh reported.
· The June 8 Bio-Blitz is upcoming. Steve Day will set up the pond and is asking for volunteers.
· Lake Lowell/Deerflat Refuge ongoing plan review. The joint proposal backed by bassfisherman has been submitted. Go to http://www.fws.gov/deerflat/refugeplanning.html to follow future developments.
Communication Report-Steve Day
· ISCAC -Steve will continue to monitor activity and attend the meetings. Go to ISCAC website for legislative summary.
· Steve Day is offering to TIBF member clubs to create and maintain club websites. Annual cost $100.
· Members can go to TIBF website http://www.idahobassfed.com for all updates and information.
· TIBF members have free ad space available on website.
Tournament Report-Davanh Sengsourhino
reports April South Qualifier is June 8 at
· Milner Res. Scyler paid for the East permits and Davanh will reimburse him from the Qualifier account.
2013 TBF Northwest Divisionals are concluded. The
Idaho State Team placed 2nd overall.
2nd overall with
· to Dry Creek Open/Brad Perkins scheduled for Sept. 14.
announced there will be a Buffalo Wild Winds event July 12 in
· percentage of proceeds from the event to benefit Snake River Youth Member fund.
boat-Scyler advised the release boat is now back in
· needed to be replaced and the pontoons were bent. The repairs appear to be minor and he will see that they are completed.
· 30 day membership prior to Qualifier tournament date-Additional discussion regarding minimum membership time prior to
· tournament date. Suggestions were to add a late fee for signups less than 30 days prior and no registration within 7 days prior to
· tournament date. Davanh will edit qualifier rules for 2014.
· 2013 TIBF/TBF/FLW Dues-TIBF member clubs are responsible for collection from individual members. Once collected, club
secretary-treasurer will sign online at www.tbfwebservices.com/app.php to create an invoice. Please send dues payment to: Tammy Shuyler, TIBF
· Motor Bands-Tammy and Steve Day continue to work on project. Materials are not readily available and Steve has identified another source for the materials with better pricing. The motor bands will be sold for $20 each. If this project is economically viable as a profit source for TIBF, it will become a permanent project.
Banquet planning. New location in
· He is asking for TIBF support and assistance with permitting process which Tammy will facilitate for him. The event will occur
Meeting adjourned 8:00pm.
Submitted by Tammy Shuyler