The Idaho Bass Federation (TIBF) meeting Minutes Thursday, November 17, 2011, 7:00pm.
The TIBF October monthly meeting was brought to order 7:00 p.m. at Western Marine, Nampa, Idaho. Those in attendance were: Bruce Flesher, President; Steve Day-Communications; Steve Jones, Conservation; Mark & Bev Roberts; on the phone-in connection: Mike Tauscher
Secretary-Treasurer Report-Tammy Shuyler not present
- No report.
Youth Report-Brian Ashton not present
- Future Fishing Foundation-Hooked on Fishing, not Drugs. Discussion by Bruce and members attending regarding this organization and its promotion of “Hooked on Fishing, not Drugs.” FFF is promoting youth fishing classes.
- Idaho Sportsman Show-looking at only doing casting events on Saturday and Sunday to maximize our help, but man the booth all four days. Clubs will split up running the casting sessions. Looking at setting up a fake pond with fish to cast to and no sign-up for the kids. We need to build a platform for the kids to stand on and cast from. We are looking at doing a couple kid's fishing classes on Saturday and Sunday instead of adult fishing seminars; possibly some of the FFF classes.
- TIBF also needs to decide which other youth events to support: C.A.S.T., Scales of Justice, Cabela's show, Reel Kid's. Future Fishing Foundation also is introducing a new youth fishing class program that TIBF may want to get involved with.
- We are supposed to be getting $100 from Cabela's for each event we hold at their store. We may do some kid's fishing classes there next year rather than sit at a table.
- Scales of Justice just had a planning meeting and they are continuing on in 2012. The plan on limiting the number of boats to 30 and kids to 40 to make the event run smoother.
Conservation Report-Steve Jones
- The newest Lake Lowell CCP report is out and looking better than the last report. We still need to keep an eye on them. USFW is now starting the same CCP process on Walcott; again people need to make sure and attend their meetings and give USFW lots of feedback on when we want them to do.
- ISCAC is still trying to pass the proposal to support our Lake Lowell plan; evidently one vote short right now.
- TBF is working on a national bill to protect fishing access across the country.
- Now available are “Let Us Recreate Lake Lowell” stickers; TIBF members are encouraged to purchase them to support the Lake Lowell recreation fund.
Communication Report-Steve Day
- Bruce would like to see the TIBF website updated with a new design. Steve can do it, but it would take 10 - 20 hours of his time to do the redesign and convert all of the current pages on the website to the new design. A new design would do away with the current frames layout and go to a CSS design layout.
- Steve Day is offering a service to TIBF member clubs to create and maintain club websites. Cost annually $100. Steve still needs Idaho Basshunter information in order to complete their website.
- Mike T reported that Snake River Valley Bass is looking at getting Steve to build them a club website.
- Members can go to TIBF website http://www.idahobassfed.com for all updates and information.
- TIBF members have free ad space available on website.
Tournament Report-Bruce Flesher
- Qualifier update: all Qualifiers complete; the State Team is listed on the TIBF website.
- A motion was made and passed to spend time and money updating the TIBF release boat before next year's divisional qualifier instead of doing another Cascade structure plant. Needs old decals removed, rails repaired, deck repaired, console repaired, new carpet or surface installed, new decals installed. Probably decals: TBF logo, The Idaho Bass Federation Conservation Boat, sponsor logo for ant sponsor donating money or material for repairing the boat.
- 2012 Northwest Divisional planning-Mountain Home is location for 2012 NW Divisional tournament on May 6-11, 2012. This date is confirmed. Tournament launch from the Air Base Ramp. Bruce reports that Mtn. Home is starting to back down on promises of supplying welcome picnic and banquet. He is not going to sign any contracts with them until these items are taken care of. If they back out of their promises, there is still the option to go to Lake Lowell.
- 2012 TIBF Banquet Planning-Feb. 18, same time, location, menu and price. Steve D is going to order banquet tickets so that we can start selling them by the next Federation meeting. Major raffle prize is going to be a HumminBird 998SI; list price $1995. We also have MinnKota 80# Maxum and 80# Fortrex trolling motors to raffle off. We have a HumminBird 798SI also, but have a cash offer for $770 so we are selling it outright.
- 2012 Combined Qualifier Events: TIBF and IBFN -probably not going to happen.
- 2013 planning meeting is Nov. 1, 2012; possibility of holding it at Western Marine again. Another option suggested is the Visitor's Center at Deer Flat Refuge.
- TIBF officer nominations: no additional nominations, current officers will continue for 2012. People need to step up for officers for 2013.
- Future Fishing Foundation has online auctions through the TBF website to raise money.
- TIBF South Qualifiers: there will be a meeting at Western Marine Tuesday Nov. 22 at 6:30 p.m. to discuss locations for 2012 qualifiers.
Meeting adjourned 8:40 p.m.
Submitted by Steve Day